Pages

Jul 12, 2010

31 Days of Experiencing New Things - Day 12

You know how the grocery store often has a recipe card tree usually in their produce department?  Usually I just see recipes for banana smoothies near the bananas or banana flavoring, but while shopping yesterday I came across a display rack full of cards for great recipes and today I made a new salad.  I don't think I've ever made a salad that included a pear before, but this was a pear/cranberry salad.  I added my own touch by throwing in some avocado and unsalted sunflower seeds.  It was soooo yummy!  While describing the salad to my daughter and mentioning that you wouldn't think the avocado and pear would go together, she mentioned that a favorite dish at a restaurant in Phoenix is hamburger with peanut butter.  Now there would be another new taste experience.  Apparently it's really good!






Then tonight, my daughter and I called each other on Skype so she could watch me open my birthday present early.  It had to be early because she's sending me and my friend, Jennifer, to Canvas and Cocktails this weekend!  I'm so excited.  I've wanted to go there ever since I saw a great report about it on the news.  Here's a picture of what we'll be painting while sipping on wine.


Fun, fun, fun!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment -- I'm always happy to hear from you!