Pages

Nov 7, 2009

30 Days of Thanks - Day 6

Today I am thankful for/that:

- I made it past Day 5 in my "30 Days of Thanks" blog!  (see reference in original Days 1-4 blog post)

- My "off" Fridays, which are now every other Friday.  I was off today, and though I was still busy, it was on my schedule.  

- Dollar Stores, which I just rediscovered today.  I stopped in to look for rubber snakes (suggested by my insurance adjuster and roofer to scare away birds) and ended up leaving with a basket full of stuff for $22.

- This is National Animal Shelter Appreciation Week (Nov. 1-7).

- The "30 Days of Thanks" exercise is teaching me to get in the habit of daily blogging, which is a worthwhile tool and habit for my business.  I'm behind a day in posting Day 6, but since I haven't blogged since August, this is a huge improvement!

- Clearance sales (or unexpected bargains on unplanned purchases)!  I stopped into Bedroom Expressions to see if they had anything that they were practically giving away that would work as a dresser or TV stand for the guest bedroom. They didn't.  But their store is connected to Sofa Mart, so I sauntered on over to look for accessories for my office space. I found orange poppies silk flowers (50% off), a candle (50% off), and artwork that had colors that tied in nicely with my office theme called "Moroccan Magic" (81% off!).  The artwork was originally $414 and I got it for $78!!

- I'm not afraid to negotiate a deal.  The candle had an original price of $44 and was on a clearance shelf for 30% off.  Since I think $30.80 is still way too much to pay for a candle, I asked if I could get it for 50% off and they said "Yes!"


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment -- I'm always happy to hear from you!